SEO a Scam? The Truth About the Industry

My spouse and i frequent many SEO and Web Marketing forums on a daily basis every so often there is a debate about the SEO industry and values. After being involved with a number of these discussions, it has become really clear that the key danger is the facts that no two SEO companies are alike and no single methodology. It is rather hard to make statements about the industry overall because it can debatable what precisely ‘SEO’ is. Mix in the very fact that most SEO companies keep their methodology and plan strategies secret and we have a situation where every company is totally different with completely different results. QuistBuilder website seo services

Fact 1: There is absolutely no one SEO methodology. SEO is actually defined by wikipedia as a process of increasing traffic from Search engines to a site. Of course, HOW they accomplish that is the real question to result in the discussions. 

Fact 2: The performance of an SEO advertising campaign will depend on the site composition, websites content, keywords, strategy used, and just how popular the site is. A website simply cannot just rank for almost any arbitrary keyword. SEO is also not voodoo. It truly is common sense, problem solving, and Online marketing mixed together. If your site provides no value to users, it probably won’t rank.

Fact 3: Some ‘SEOs’ do search engine optimization and some do search engine treatment. Of course, it is all marketed as SEO. Unethical optimization provides results at any cost and is always short-run (usually ends in a prohibited domain name). Ethical seo opens up the site to search engines like google and provides permanent benefits.

Fact 4: Most SEO companies get paid whether or not your site gets any rankings. Unfortunately, this is the case with the industry. Most SEO companies implement A, B, and C and move on to another client. Ideally, the site ranks. If perhaps it doesn’t, they will have more clients.

Fact 5: Most SEO companies use both ethical and dishonest inbound linking strategies. To increase profits, it is very common for SEO companies to buy bulk links from India, links on spam/scraper websites, or sell large directory submission deals. It is also common for SEO companies to put huge amounts of the contract into inbound backlinks to replace with the poor quality of the website seo.

I don’t think it is fair to define the industry as a whole without figuring away what is wrong with it and how SEO companies can overcome it. So, just how exactly do we determine what excellent and bad about the industry? I have now recently been involved with the Internet for over ten years and, specifically, with the SEO industry for almost 4 years and I’ve seen the inner workings of major SEO companies and countless clients who got been burned by way of a previous SEO campaigns. Put together with numerous Net postings and forum discussions talking about the same basic problems, I’ve put together a set of the most frequent issues.

Problem 1: Responsibility for Results

It’s no secret that the great majority of SEO companies take no responsibility for results. It is a fact that no Seo services can guarantee results (and if they do, they are lying to you). It is also a fact that the client is taking a risk by spending money with an SEO company that basically says ‘We’ll do what we can’. SEO companies simply assure they’ll do the work to ‘optimize’ the site, but without full disclosure of their methodology, what exactly is the consumer paying for? No other industry sells a product or service with no guarantees and no specific set of work that will be completed. Of course, SEO work is actually the sales of information and keeping the facts of a methodology is important, but the combo of secrecy and no responsibility for results really makes SEO campaigns dangerous. Therefore, how can an SEO company decrease the risk for the customer and provide the best grade of service?

Reply 1: Incentive Based Costs

The only real way to lessen the financial risk of your customer is to discuss the risk. Through incentive-based pricing, the Seo services can charge a certain percentage of the total contract (say 70%) to cover their intellectual property and time while positioning the rest of the contract price (remaining 30%) in incentives to be successful. Of course, incentives and their percentage of the deal would be totally relatives with regards to the campaign. This first step into sharing in the risk provides both reassurance to the customer that the company believes in its methodology and places several of the financial burden of the campaign on the Seo services. For the moment, however, very few SEO companies are willing to share in the risk and fee the same price whether the client gets top rankings or any search positions at all (or potentially lower rankings).